I know it's just about time to stop fiddling and get down to the real sewing. But before I do I wanted to try on my final muslins one more time and dance about the house to see that they fitted well and wouldn't fall off. I found out that the shoulders do actually come off pretty easily. So... I've since been working on two solutions --- first is to alter the lines so that they come up a bit higher and second to build some internal structure to help hold them on (a waist stay and bands reaching up the shoulders... think suspenders but iside the dress).
First let me show you the final muslin pictures.
1) Vogue (for Sydney)
2) McCall's (for Syracuse)
Now... here is my revised version of the McCall's dress.
I copied a smaller size AND added 2cm to the shoulders.
I think I over-did the shoulder-reshape and made new problems.
So, before I go back to the old one and call it a day, I'm going to
try cutting it back to the designed lines -- but in the smaller size
and see what happens.
Excuse the tiny skirt - I cut it short to save time and fabric.
The short skirt makes it looks a bit like a skating outfit :-)