Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vogue 2788 - Version 2.0

After lots of measuring and drawing and calculating and re-measuring and re-drawing I finally finished altering the pattern pieces for the bodice of Vogue 2788. The main changes I made were to narrow the shoulders and raise the back neckline. Here are some pictures of the bodice attached to the old skirt, modeled by my dressform.

Having tried the dress of myself, I noticed that the dressform is a bit bigger than me, which makes sense since we wrapped the duct tape over the top of me. Though, I didn't expect it to make such a noticeable difference. Nonetheless, it is close enough in size to be very helpful for fitting.


1 comment:

Emily said...

this looks like the perfect shape for you! i'm looking forward to seeing the various stages, and the final - live in sydney!